High School Coaches
- 1999 – 2000 Blue Springs (MO) Boys with Gary Parker
- 2001 – 2004 Blue Springs (MO) Girls with Heather Knudsen and Kara Wirth; 2001 – State Champions, 2002 – 2nd Place, 2003 – 4th Place, 2004 – 5th Place
- 2005 – Present Pella (IA) Boys and Girls with Robin Hammann, Mike Buchheit, Kari Pingel, Rob Hammann and Eric Pingel
- 2005 State Championships: Boys 15th [23 Participants]
- 2006 State Championships: Boys 13th, Girls 12th [44 Participants]
- 2007 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 3rd [53 Participants]
- 2008 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 10th [56 Participants]
- 2009 State Championships: Boys 1st, Girls 5th [75 Participants]
- 2010 State Championships: Boys 6th, Girls 3rd [88 Participants]
- 2011 State Championships: Boys 1st, Girls 3rd [103 Participants]
- 2012 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 7th [127 Participants]
- 2013 State Championships: Boys 4th, Girls 4th [111 Participants]
- 2014 State Championships: Boys 3rd, Girls 6th [104 Participants]
- 2015 State Championships: Boys 3rd, Girls 2nd [74 Participants]
- 2016 State Championships: Boys 5th, Girls 3rd [71 Participants]
- 2017 State Championships: Girls 2nd [54 Participants]
- 2018 State Championships: Boys 5th, Girls 6th [53 Participants]
- High School Mathematics Teacher
- Blessed with an amazing wife, five incredible daughters and a son.
- Favorite Race: Capital Pursuit 10-Mile:
- September 17, 2006, 1:12:09 (7:13/mile)
- September 29, 2013, 1:13:59 (7:24/mile)
- Ran cross country (1) and track (4) in high school
- 4-year letter winner in cross country and indoor and outdoor track at Mid-America Nazarene University (MNU)
- 20 years cross country coaching experience (98-99 William Penn Univ., 00-03 Lynnville-Sully HS, Pella HS 05-present)
- Coached 2 individual state high school qualifiers
- Completed Des Moines half-marathon 2005 (1:53)
- Completed first Marathon 2007 Grandma’s Marathon in MN – 4:13:28
- Former Record holder at MNU 10K and 5K Indoor and outdoor
- Two-time NAIA XC National Qualifier
- NCCAA All-American 4×400 MNU
- Son Micah Pella High School class of 2017, MidAmerica Nazarene University ’21
- Husband Rob is a web developer for Vermeer Manufacturing, and huge Dutch XC fan–He is “the man” when it comes to our website and technology support!
- High School Physical Sciences Teacher
Coach Pingel joins the High School coaching staff for the 2012 season. We are thrilled to have her. Coach Pingel is married and has four kids. Wade (2013) her oldest was a member of the 2012 State Runner up team and currently runs track and cross country for University of Northern Iowa. Jordan is a former Dutch runner graduating in 2014. Her daughter Kiki class of 2017 attends Central College. Annika, class of 2018, also participated in cross country and track and is now at Doane College. Mrs. Pingel is a 5th grade teacher in the Pella Schools.
- Four year high school letter winner and all-district cross country and track, All-State XC 1 year
- 3 Year letter winner track and cross country at MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Heart of America Conference Champion in the 10,000 meter in 1996 along with his wife Robin.
- 3-time qualifier for NAIA National Cross Country Championships
- Former Indoor 3 mile record holder at MNU
- 12 years cross country coaching experience (96-97 MNU, 98-99 WPU, 2000-2001 Vennard College, 2011 Pella Middle School, Pella High School 2014-present)
- Finished Two marathons
- Son Micah Pella class of 2017 participated in cross country. Now runs XC at MidAmerica Nazarene University.
- Wife Robin teaches science at Pella High School and is a coach on the Pella Dutch
- Licensed Minister in the Church of the Nazarene
- Web Developer at Vermeer Manufacturing
- Tech Geek for Pella Dutch Cross Country (website and photography)
- cross country and track coach at Central College in various capacities including assistant cross country, assistant track, interim head coach for cross country, and associate head coach for cross country between 2000 – 2018
- Coached 9 individual or team Division III national qualifiers in cross country or track
- 4 year cross country and 4 year track varsity runner at Central College while a student a LONG time ago
- Have run and raced for over 40 years. Completed 16 marathons (give or take) and 1 50K ultramarathon.
- Professor of Computer Science at Central College since 1998
- My wife and I just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary and have 3 daughters
Middle School Coaches
1999-2002: XC/Soccer athlete at Wartburg College
2002-2003: Created K-8 running club with 50+ runners in Belvidere, IL
2003-2007: Youth Strength Coach/personal trainer @Newton YMCA
2003-2007: Berg Middle School Girls’ XC coach
2007-present: Pella Middle School XC coach
6th graders’ science teacher @Jefferson Intermediate in Pella, IA
Married to one of the best vocal musicians in the state, Mr. Tangen; and we have 2 amazing children-Thomas & Tabetha!
Have enjoyed running since jr. high school and love to run for fun!
Middle School Coach
Randy Wilson joined the coaching team along side Bethany in 2018. Randy comes with a wealth of experience and a true joy in touching the lives of kids. No one is more qualified and no one is more enthusiastic than Randy. Randy was an Olympic Qualifier during the 1980 Olympics but was affected by the boycott. A personal best of 1:45 for the 800 made him one of the best in the world at the time. Randy was a stand out the University of Oklahoma and was a Drake Relay champion. After his running career Randy has been a teacher, coach, and track official. We are more than thrilled he has chosen to be a part of our program.