High School Coaches
- 1999 – 2000 Blue Springs (MO) Boys with Gary Parker
- 2001 – 2004 Blue Springs (MO) Girls with Heather Knudsen and Kara Wirth; 2001 – State Champions, 2002 – 2nd Place, 2003 – 4th Place, 2004 – 5th Place
- 2005 – Present Pella (IA) Boys and Girls with Robin Hammann, Mike Buchheit, Kari Pingel, Rob Hammann and Eric Pingel
- 2005 State Championships: Boys 15th [23 Participants]
- 2006 State Championships: Boys 13th, Girls 12th [44 Participants]
- 2007 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 3rd [53 Participants]
- 2008 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 10th [56 Participants]
- 2009 State Championships: Boys 1st, Girls 5th [75 Participants]
- 2010 State Championships: Boys 6th, Girls 3rd [88 Participants]
- 2011 State Championships: Boys 1st, Girls 3rd [103 Participants]
- 2012 State Championships: Boys 2nd, Girls 7th [127 Participants]
- 2013 State Championships: Boys 4th, Girls 4th [111 Participants]
- 2014 State Championships: Boys 3rd, Girls 6th [104 Participants]
- 2015 State Championships: Boys 3rd, Girls 2nd [74 Participants]
- 2016 State Championships: Boys 5th, Girls 3rd [71 Participants]
- 2017 State Championships: Girls 2nd [54 Participants]
- High School Mathematics Teacher
- Blessed with an amazing wife, five incredible daughters and a son.
- Favorite Race: Capital Pursuit 10-Mile:
- September 17, 2006, 1:12:09 (7:13/mile)
- September 29, 2013, 1:13:59 (7:24/mile)
- Ran cross country (1) and track (4) in high school
- 4-year letter winner in cross country and indoor and outdoor track at Mid-America Nazarene University (MNU)
- 19 years cross country coaching experience (98-99 William Penn Univ., 00-03 Lynnville-Sully HS, Pella HS 05-present)
- Coached 2 individual state high school qualifiers
- Completed Des Moines half-marathon 2005 (1:53)
- Completed first Marathon 2007 Grandma’s Marathon in MN – 4:13:28
- Former Record holder at MNU 10K and 5K Indoor and outdoor
- Two-time NAIA XC National Qualifier
- NCCAA All-American 4×400 MNU
- Son Micah Pella High School class of 2017
- Husband Rob is a web developer for Vermeer Manufacturing, and huge Dutch XC fan–He is “the man” when it comes to our website and technology support!
- High School Physical Sciences Teacher
Coach Buchheit joined our team during the 2011 season. He is no stranger to Pella XC as he has had three kids involved in the program, Zach (2011) graduated from UNI in 2016 and Nathan (2009) both who were on Pella teams that won a state championship. Zach was an individual state Champion in 2011 running 15:10 for the 5K. His lovely wife Sarah is often seen cheering at Pella XC meets. Their daughter, Ciara (Class of 2017), ran for the Pella Dutch as well.
Coach Buchheit after an eighteen year career at Pella Corporation managing continuous improvement and quality programs, Mike and his wife, Sarah, have begun a real estate business in the Pella area. In addition to coaching cross country Mr. Buchheit has also helped coach with the Lady Dutch basketball staff and has a long history of coaching boys and girls soccer teams for the Pella Club and Pella Premier teams. Mike also serves as the head soccer coach for Pella Christian.
Coach Buchheit is also on the executive board at The Well Resource Center, a facilitator for their Getting Ahead program and an active member of his church.
Since 2012 Coach Buchheit has also help lead up a joint 5k/10k FUNdraiser run as part of the Red Rock Balloon Fest. This event has helped promote summer running in the Pella area and is co-sponsored with the Knoxville Cross Country program/coaches.
Coach Pingel joins the High School coaching staff for the 2012 season. We are thrilled to have her. Coach Pingel is married and has four kids. Wade (2013) her oldest was a member of the 2012 State Runner up team and currently runs track and cross country for University of Northern Iowa. Jordan is a former Dutch runner graduating in 2014. Her daughter Kiki class of 2017 attends Central College. Annika, class of 2018, also participates in cross country and track. Mrs. Pingel is a 5th grade teacher in the Pella Schools.
- Four year high school letter winner and all-district cross country and track, All-State XC 1 year
- 3 Year letter winner track and cross country at MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Heart of America Conference Champion in the 10,000 meter in 1996 along with is wife Robin.
- 3-time qualifier for NAIA National Cross Country Championships
- Former Indoor 3 mile record holder at MNU
- 12 years cross country coaching experience (96-97 MNU, 98-99 WPU, 2000-2001 Vennard College, 2011 Pella Middle School, Pella High School 2014-present)
- Finished Two marathons
- Son Micah Pella class of 2017 participated in cross country. Now runs XC at MidAmerica Nazarene University.
- Wife Robin teaches science at Pella High School and is a coach on the Pella Dutch
- Licensed Minister in the Church of the Nazarene
- Web Developer at Vermeer Manufacturing
- Tech Geek for Pella Dutch Cross Country (website and photography)
Middle School Coaches
- 1999-2002: XC/Soccer athlete at Wartburg College
- 2002-2003: Created K-8 running club with 50+ runners in Belvidere, IL
- 2003-2007: Youth Strength Coach/personal trainer @Newton YMCA
- 2003-2007: Berg Middle School Girls’ XC coach
- 2007-present: Pella Middle School XC coach
- 6th graders’ science teacher @Jefferson Intermediate in Pella, IA
- Married to one of the best vocal musicians in the state, Mr. Tangen; and we have 2 amazing children-Thomas & Tabetha!
- Have enjoyed running since jr. high school and love to run for fun!
Coach Gettemy joins the Pella Cross Country staff in 2017. He comes to Pella after graduating from Iowa State University in Fall 2016 to teach PE at Lincoln Elementary. While at Iowa State University he coached at Gilbert for 3 years.
- Gilbert Middle School Boys Track 2015 & 2017,
- Gilbert Middle School Girls Head Coach 2016,
- Gilbert High School Boys Cross Country Assistant Coach 2015-2017,
- Gilbert High School Boys Track 2016-2017,
- Gilbert High School Strength & Conditioning 2015-2017.
- In addition to coaching at Gilbert he has also coached a youth running club out of Ames, IA- Ames Youth Track Club.