High School Coaches
- 1999 – 2000 Blue Springs (MO) Boys with Gary Parker
- 2001 – 2004 Blue Springs (MO) Girls with Heather Knudsen and Kara Wirth; 2001 – State Champions, 2002 – 2nd Place, 2003 – 4th Place, 2004 – 5th Place
- 2005 – Present Pella (IA) Boys and Girls with Robin Hammann, Mike Buchheit, Kari Pingel, Rob Hammann and Eric Pingel
- 2005 Boys 15th [23 Participants]
- 2006 Boys 13th, Girls 12th [44 Participants]
- 2007 Boys 2nd, Girls 3rd [53 Participants]
- 2008 Boys 2nd, Girls 10th [56 Participants]
- 2009 Boys 1st, Girls 5th [75 Participants]
- 2010 Boys 6th, Girls 3rd [88 Participants]
- 2011 Boys 1st, Girls 3rd [103 Participants]
- 2012 Boys 2nd, Girls 7th [127 Participants]
- 2013 Boys 4th, Girls 4th [111 Participants]
- 2014 Boys 3rd, Girls 6th [104 Participants]
- 2015 Boys 3rd, Girls 2nd [74 Participants]
- High School Mathematics Teacher
- Blessed with an amazing wife, five incredible daughters ages 17, 15, 13, 11, 8, and a son (6).
- Favorite Race: Capital Pursuit 10-Mile:
- September 17, 2006, 1:12:09 (7:13/mile)
- September 29, 2013, 1:13:59 (7:24/mile)
- Ran cross country (1) and track (4) in high school
- 4-year letter winner in cross country and indoor and outdoor track at Mid-America Nazarene University (MNU)
- 18 years cross country coaching experience (98-99 William Penn Univ., 00-03 Lynnville-Sully HS, Pella HS 05-16)
- Coached 2 individual state high school qualifiers
- Completed Des Moines half-marathon 2005 (1:53)
- Completed first Marathon 2007 Grandma’s Marathon in MN – 4:13:28
- Former Record holder at MNU 10K and 5K Indoor and outdoor
- Two-time NAIA XC National Qualifier
- NCCAA All-American 4×400 MNU
- Son Micah Pella High School class of 2017
- Husband Rob is a web developer for Vermeer Manufacturing, and huge Dutch XC fan–He is “the man” when it comes to our website and technology support!
- High School Physical Sciences Teacher
Coach Buchheit joined our team during the 2011 season. He is no stranger to Pella XC as he has had three kids involved in the program, Zach (2011) will graduate from UNI in 2016 and Nathan (2009) both who were on Pella teams that won a state championship. His lovely wife Sarah is often seen cheering at Pella XC meets. Their daughter, Ciara (Class of 2017), runs for the Pella Dutch as well.
Coach Buchheit works at Pella High School as iStudy Supervisor after an eighteen year career at Pella Corporation managing continuous improvement and quality programs throughout Pella’s supplier, manufacturing, and customer business chain. Additionally the Buchheit’s have multiple real estate investment businesses. In addition to coaching cross country Mr. Buchheit has also helped coach with the Lady Dutch basketball staff and has a long history of coaching boys and girls soccer teams for the Pella Club and Pella Premier teams.
Coach Buchheit is also on the executive board at The Well Resource Center, a facilitator for their Getting Ahead program and an active member of his church.
Since 2012 Coach Buchheit has also help lead up a joint 5k/10k FUNdraiser run as part of the Red Rock Balloon Fest. This event has helped promote summer running in the Pella area and is co-sponsored with the Knoxville Cross Country program/coaches.
Coach Pingel joins the High School coaching staff for the 2012 season. We are thrilled to have her. Coach Pingel is married and has four kids. Wade (2013) her oldest was a member of the 2012 State Runner up team and currently runs track and cross country for University of Northern Iowa. Jordan is a former Dutch runner graduating in 2014. Her daughter Kiki is a sophomore and playing volleyball. Anika their youngest is a freshman on the Dutch cross country team. Mrs. Pingel is a 5th grade teacher in the Pella Schools.
- Four year high school letter winner and all-district cross country and track, All-State XC 1 year
- 3 Year letter winner track and cross country at MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Heart of America Conference Champion in the 10,000 meter in 1996 along with is wife Robin.
- 3-time qualifier for NAIA National Cross Country Championships
- Former Indoor 3 mile record holder at MNU
- 9 years cross country coaching experience (96-97 MNU, 98-99 WPU, 00-01 Vennard College, 11 Pella Middle School, Pella High School 14-16)
- Finished Two marathons
- Son Micah Pella class of 2017 and participates in cross country
- Wife Robin teaches science at Pella High School and is a coach on the Pella Dutch
- Licensed Minister in the Church of the Nazarene
- Web Developer at Vermeer Manufacturing
- Tech Geek for Pella Dutch Cross Country (website and photography)
Middle School Coaches
- 1999-2002: XC/Soccer athlete at Wartburg College
- 2002-2003: Created K-8 running club with 50+ runners in Belvidere, IL
- 2003-2007: Youth Strength Coach/personal trainer @Newton YMCA
- 2003-2007: Berg Middle School Girls’ XC coach
- 2007-present: Pella Middle School XC coach
- 6th graders’ science teacher @Jefferson Intermediate in Pella, IA
- Married to one of the best vocal musicians in the state, Mr. Tangen; and we have 2 amazing children-Thomas & Tabetha!
- Have enjoyed running since jr. high school and love to run for fun!
- Ran and lettered in XC and T&F at Pella High School 4 seasons. In Cross Country, earned All-Conference (4), All-District (2), and Academic All-State.
- Ran cross country and track and field for Luther College – GO NORSE! – for four years and lettered.
- Assistant XC and T&F coach at Southwest Valley High School in Corning, Iowa for one year.
- I currently teach high school biology and middle school earth science at Pella. I am looking forward to being apart of Pella XC once again and sharing the joy of running with a new generation.
- I am the first Pella XC runner to complete the circle. I grew up, as a runner, through the Pella XC program and now an a coach in the program.